Time to breakdown the results after my first YouTube ad campaign.
The good news: I learned a great deal about marketing my work (which I’m about to share).
The bad news: this campaign had a very poor outcome. But that’s ok. I know why it was so ineffective.
What Went Wrong
The ad did very little, if anything, to grab the viewer’s attention. Visually it’s very weak. YouTube did not grant me permission to pick a thumbnail for the ad, and what I ended up with is a boring screen grab from the video. But that’s not the main reason for the ineffectiveness.
The main reason this video failed to have an impact is very simple to understand yet complicated to correct. What needs to be adjusted for future marketing is the audience I target these ads to, and reaching a target audience cannot be done until I first define my target audience. Failure to do so ahead of time put my ad in front of +380K viewers who completely ignored my video.
If we look at the numbers, we can learn a few other things:
Den ganzen Beitrag lesen…